FSSD Submission for legal sales of fire safety equipment
FSSD stands as an acronym for fire safety and shelter department in Singapore. The submission basically acts like a license for fire safety selling units. Businesses that sell fire safety equipment like extinguishers, sprinklers, and fire detecting alarms, require an fssd submission document to proceed as a legal business. Fire disasters have always been traumatic to the human population. Numerous disasters have ended consuming innocent lives. There are also several incidents that could have been prevented with better working fire safety systems.
Various types of Fire safety equipment:
- Fire extinguishers: they are the most commonly found instruments in buildings. They are holdable-sized red cylinders filled with carbon dioxide gas. When sprayed onto fir, the gas restricts the supply of the oxygen to fire that is essential for it to last.
- Fire blankets: they are thick blankets mostly made out of wool and fiberglass fabric. It is used to cover and dust off small fires that are caught onto things.
- Fire hose reels: they are generally found in most buildings along with extinguishers. They are long suitable water pipes with enough water supply of certain pressure to distinguish large fires.
- Sprinklers: they are similar to garden sprinklers just fixed above the ceiling. they usually have a fire detector or a smoke detector attached that activates the sprinkler to release water around the room in case of fire.
- Smoke detectors: they are tiny systems that activate themselves in presence of smoke. They are generally attached to sprinklers as discussed before. They set off alarms alerting the population inside the building about the fire.